Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Week 5 Thing 12

I liked using Rollyo. It just seemed hit and miss about how long it would take. Some clicks would be quick and others I had to get my other textbook out to read while I was waiting for it to load. I saw some others in the class had noted that it was taking a long time as well.

I am so glad to know about Rollyo. This will really help guide students in searching the Internet for lessons. I wish I had known about this before. I team teach in several classes as a Learning Support teacher. Students like using the Internet for projects but have difficulty in searching to find the necessary information. I am going to pass this info on to the History teacher I team teach with when I'm not on maternity leave. I think this would help him to provide trusted sites for students to search.

I created my Rollyo based on a history lesson about the Salem Witch Trials. I put 10 sites for students and history for the students to search. They will then find information to create an interview of a person of their choice from that time period. Here is the Rollyo I created:

http://rollyo.com/alisonls589/super_easy_history_search/

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it great when you find helpful tools for collaborating with teachers? I love when I find a tech tool that makes it smoother.

    ReplyDelete