Thursday, November 5, 2009

Week 9 Thing 20

I was excited when going through this assignment to see that Teacher Tube exists. I had never heard of it and was wondering if there was something out there like this. I could get lost a long time playing on You Tube rather than completing our assignments. I rarely just explore You Tube with searches and had fun looking up a few things. I had never seen the You Tube wedding video that Jim and Pam's wedding from The Office was based on so I watched that. I also looked up the Shift Happens videos again because my cousin and I were just talking about them. I wanted to watch the original one again. There are so many clips that we can use in education now with You Tube. You just have to be careful what pops up with other users' posts. My friend was just showing a science clip. After it was over, an inappropriate post showed up.
The You Tube that I wanted to share for the day is an old Sesame Street clip where Cookie Monster wants cookies at the library. Cookie Monster was pictured in Google search picture today so he was my inspiration for looking up the clip. I remember this clip from when I was a kid. What's interesting also to see is how libraries have evolved from when I was young. The librarian keeps telling Cookie Monster that the library only has books.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3ZHPJT2Kp4

1 comment:

  1. I remember watching Sesame Street. It is interesting how the shows reflect the technology of the time they were made. Today my son was watching a cartoon and one of the characters mentioned having a blog.

    ReplyDelete